Drupal 8: Efficient Application Development (English Edition), Please Log In Or Sign Up to Create a Free Account and Get Access more than 10 million Books, Magazines & Comics for FREE!, With PDF, TXT, EPUB, PDB, RTF, FB2. ONLY REGISTERED USERS can read and download the Book for FREE.
- Autor: Jason Blanda
- Editor: Packt Publishing
- Data de publicação: 2017-03-30
- Número de páginas: 158 pages
- Tag: drupal, efficient, application, development, english, edition
Build innovative custom applications using the power of Drupal 8
About This Book
- Use the latest Drupal 8 features and leverage views, blocks, and elements to create modular and efficient sites
- Create a Drupal 8 application from scratch through hands-on examples
- Learn about web content management, multi-media integration, and the newly introduced native web services in Drupal 8
- Create your own plugin and extend Drupal efficiently to other environments
Who This Book Is For
- If you are interested to create your own applications from scratch and aim to become a qualified Drupal 8 professional, then this is the ideal course for you.
- No prior Drupal experience is required, however, a basic understanding of HTML, PHP, and JSON is recommended.
What You Will Learn
- Discover how to create complex websites quickly
- Find out how to use the building blocks of Drupal 8
- Manage site users and permissions
- Explore the world of various views and components in Drupal 8
- Understand the process of making reusable templates
- Use different plugins and create your own plugins
- Understand how to test, deploy, and monitor your application
Drupal 8 brings a lot of groundbreaking changes to its ecosystem, from basic architectural changes to functional ones. Understanding these changes is vital to you if you are trying to explore Drupal 8.
In this course, you will get a practical knowledge of Drupal 8, that means you can jump into any existing Drupal 8 website and understand how it is built and how it is put together. Finally, we will learn to launch a Drupal 8 website.
You’ll start off by setting up your development environment, enabling you to begin writing custom code for a Drupal-powered website through PhpStorm.
You will learn about configuration management and creating custom content types before exploring the HTML5 features included. Views were used on more than 80% of all Drupal 7 sites; now they are part of the Drupal 8 core. If you use views, you might build 10 different view displays with different filters, without knowing that a contextual filter would require only a single display.
You’ll see how to create reusable templates using PHP scripting and use plugins and develop simple plugins on your own.
Towards the end of this course, you’ll find out how to test, deploy, and monitor your application effectively.
Style and approach
This course takes a step-by-step, practical, tutorial-style approach. Each section will help you build up your skill level and enable you to become an efficient Drupal 8 professional.
This course is a blend of text, videos, code examples, and assessments, all packaged up keeping your journey in mind. The curator of this course has combined some of the best that Packt has to offer in one complete package. It includes content from the following Packt products:
- Drupal 8 for Beginners by Jason Blanda
- Mastering Drupal 8 Views by Gregg Marshall
- Drupal 8 Development: Beginner's Guide - Second Edition by Neeraj Kumar et al.