Updates 2018-11: Updated SQL Jump Start link to new website.
Updates 2018-06: Updated content.
Have you always wanted to learn SQL and about databases but didn't know how or where to get started? Not knowing where to start is usually the biggest hurdle in learning anything, thus most people never start.
But there's no need to hesitate when wanting to learn SQL!
This book helps you break down those barriers and gets you on the path to learning SQL in a step-by-step fashion with the use of images, logical explanations, realistic exercises and allows you to gain hands-on experience with a custom project to better retain what you learn and help accelerate your progress. With this book, you'll be able to pick up SQL quickly!
What You'll Learn
When you finish reading and applying what's in here, you'll be able to:
- Install and configure SQL Server and SQL Server Management Studio to be used for any size company
- Pick up a new skill that can help open doors for you and help you earn more money
- Transform and massage data for things like data warehousing or business analysis
- Demonstrate your experience with tips on where you can host your own projects
- Build queries, from simple to complex, and pull data for purposes like reports
- Use the steps of Normalization to re-organize data to be put into a database
- Perform straight-forward and effective database administrative tasks
- Create databases and the components within it
- Control users and their access to the database
- Control data by adding and deleting records
- And much more!
The need to support databases is critical, as businesses rely on them every day to run their operations and grow. In addition, many companies use Microsoft's SQL Server as their choice of databases for its power, innovative design, flexibility and ability to scale - which this book covers. Any database or SQL related position will always be in-demand, as people like you are needed for its support and growth.
There's no need to wait anymore. Go ahead and scroll up to the top of the page and click "Buy now" to learn and apply SQL and invest in yourself!