Choosing the perfect dog can be confusing, especially for first-time owners...
It's easy to fall in love with a breed and rush into buying a gorgeous Border Collie or an intimidating Doberman Pinscher, but this is a mistake! Buying a dog should be a long, careful process – a new dog is, after all, a new family member and Every dog deserves more than a loving home - they deserve the right loving home!
There are a number of things that potential dog owners need to consider before making the leap. Does the dog breed you've fallen in love with fit in with your lifestyle? If you work eight hours a day, can the dog be left on its own in your home, or will it become stressed and destructive? If you have other pets, will the dog get along with them? Is the dog child-friendly, or will it quickly lose patience?
It works both ways; a new dog must fit in with their owner's lifestyle, but new owners also need to have the skills and patience necessary to provide adequate care for their new canine companion. Prospective dog owners should ask themselves, Do I have the time to give this breed all the exercise it needs? Do I have the energy to keep up with them? Am I willing to buy it a doggie jacket when the weather gets chilly? Do I want a mellow lap dog or an excitable adventuring buddy?
This preview book will analyze 10 unique dog breeds in terms of their protection ability, trainability, playfulness, exercise needs and adaptability. Should you like what you see, I invite you to look at an advanced version of this book - Dog Breeds: A Concise Analysis of 50 Dog Breeds - History, Personality, Strengths, Weaknesses and More!!
How will this book help me?
Whether you own a pet dog or you're planning to buy or adopt one, this book will assist you immensely. In this book you will:
- Learn about each dog breed's history and origin
- Learn about each dog breed's size category - small dog breeds, Medium dog breeds and Large dog breeds
- Learn about each dog breed's family: companion dogs, working dogs, herding dogs etc.
- Learn about each dog breed's strengths and weaknesses and how well they responds to different kinds of dog training
- Learn about the dog breed that can live with kids, serve as a service dog, serve as a guard dog etc
- Learn about each dog breed's relative ability across 5 areas namely: Ease of Training, Playfulness, Adaptability, Exercise Needs and Protection Ability
So before you make the decision to bring home a new best friend, get a copy of this book. It will help you learn more about dogs in general and, more importantly, help you select that perfect dog breed that complements your lifestyle.