The Healing Power of Mindfulness: A New Way of Being (English Edition), Please Log In Or Sign Up to Create a Free Account and Get Access more than 10 million Books, Magazines & Comics for FREE!, With PDF, TXT, EPUB, PDB, RTF, FB2. ONLY REGISTERED USERS can read and download the Book for FREE.
- Autor: Jon Kabat-Zinn
- Editor: Hachette Books
- Data de publicação: 2018-11-20
- Número de páginas: 257 pages
- Tag: healing, power, mindfulness, being, english, edition
More than twenty years ago, Jon Kabat-Zinn showed us the value of cultivating greater awareness in everyday life with his now-classic introduction to mindfulness, Wherever You Go, There You Are. Now, in The Healing Power of Mindfulness, he shares a cornucopia of specific examples as to how the cultivation of mindfulness can reshape your relationship with your own body and mind--explaining what we're learning about neuroplasticity and the brain, how meditation can affect our biology and our health, and what mindfulness can teach us about coming to terms with all sorts of life challenges, including our own mortality, so we can make the most of the moments that we have.
Originally published in 2005 as part of a larger book titled Coming to Our Senses, The Healing Power of Mindfulness features a new foreword by the author and timely updates throughout the text. If you are interested in learning more about how mindfulness as a way of being can help us to heal, physically and emotionally, look no further than this deeply personal and also "deeply optimistic book, grounded in good science and filled with practical recommendations for moving in the right direction" (Andrew Weil, MD), from one of the pioneers of the worldwide mindfulness movement.
Hachette's Children's Own French Book: A Selection of Amusing and Instructive Stories in Prose. Adapted for the Use of Young People seleção on-line livro
- Autor: Philip Honoré Ernest Brette
- Editor: Franklin Classics Trade Press
- Data de publicação: 2018-10-17
- ISBN: 0343682591
- Número de páginas: 260 pages
- Tag: hachettes, childrens, french, selection, amusing, instructive, stories, prose, adapted, young, people
This work has been selected by scholars as being culturally important and is part of the knowledge base of civilization as we know it.
This work is in the public domain in the United States of America, and possibly other nations. Within the United States, you may freely copy and distribute this work, as no entity (individual or corporate) has a copyright on the body of the work.
Scholars believe, and we concur, that this work is important enough to be preserved, reproduced, and made generally available to the public. To ensure a quality reading experience, this work has been proofread and republished using a format that seamlessly blends the original graphical elements with text in an easy-to-read typeface.
We appreciate your support of the preservation process, and thank you for being an important part of keeping this knowledge alive and relevant.
Quench: Beat Fatigue, Drop Weight, and Heal Your Body Through the New Science of Optimum Hydration seleção on-line livro
- Autor: Dana Cohen
- Editor: Hachette Books
- Data de publicação: 2019-03-19
- ISBN: 0316515698
- Número de páginas: 304 pages
- Tag: quench, fatigue, weight, through, science, optimum, hydration
Chronic headaches...brain fog...fatigue...weight gain...insomnia...gut pain...autoimmune conditions. We may think these and other all-too-common modern maladies are due to gluten intake or too much sugar or too little exercise. But there is another missing piece to the health puzzle: Proper hydration.
Yes, even in this era of Poland Spring many of us are dehydrated due to moisture lacking diets, artificial environments, medications, and over-dependence on water as our only source of hydration. For this reason, that new diet or exercise plan may fail because our body doesn't have enough moisture to support it.
Quench presents a wellness routine that can reverse all of that, based on breakthrough new science in the field of hydration. Readers will be surprised to learn that drinking too much water can flush out vital nutrients and electrolytes. Here is where "gel water" comes in: the water from plants (like cucumber, berries, aloe), which our bodies are designed to truly absorb right down to the cellular level. In fact, Ms. Bria's work as an anthropologist led her to the realization that desert people stay hydrated almost exclusively from what they eat, including gel plants like cactus.
Based on groundbreaking science from the University of Washington's Pollack Water Lab and other research, Quench offers a five-day jump start plan: hydrating meal plans and the heart of the program, smoothies and elixirs using the most hydrating and nutrient-packed plants. Another unique feature of their approach is micro-movements-small, simple movements you can make a few times a day that will move water through your fascia, the connective tissue responsible for hydrating our bodies. You will experience more energy, focus, and better digestion within five days...then move onto the lifetime plan for continued improvements, even elimination of symptoms.
- Autor: Tanja Hester
- Editor: Hachette Books
- Data de publicação: 2019-02-12
- Número de páginas: 288 pages
- Tag: optional, retire, early, penny, pinching, english, edition
Tanja Hester and her husband Mark left their crazed careerist lifestyle to live their dream life in Lake Tahoe, retiring early from high-stress careers. Now Tanja will help you map out a customized plan for freedom and make it easy to succeed, whether you're good at math and budgeting-or not! Work Optional is more than just a financial plan: it's a plan for your whole life-designed by you, not by an employer or clients. Tanja walks you through envisioning your dream life, accounting for variables such as health care and children, protecting yourself from recessions and future unknowns, and achieving a purpose-filled early retirement, semi-retirement, or career intermission with completely doable, non-penny-pinching steps.
You can live a happier, more meaningful life, free from the daily grind. Work Optional will get you there.
Lighting the Path: The Dalai Lama teaches on wisdom and compassion (English Edition) seleção on-line livro
- Autor: The Dalai Lama
- Editor: Hachette Australia
- Data de publicação: 2019-01-29
- Tag: lighting, dalai, teaches, wisdom, compassion, english, edition
In this accessible and important follow up to The Art of Happiness His Holiness the Dalai Lama teaches us how to live a happier and more spiritual life by fostering compassion and wisdom.
Filled with his trademark honesty and warmth, this book explains how practically applying the values of Buddhism can help you find answers to both the everyday problems we face - relationships, health, work and happiness - and the major issues and changes facing humanity today including globalisation, technology and terrorism.
Drawn from the Dalai Lama's teachings during his fourth visit to Australia and New Zealand, which focused on gaining strength through compassion, Lighting the Path reminds us that we each have the ability to change our own life for the better, and the power to improve the lives of others as well.
Explaining the central tenets of Buddhism, including the Four Noble Truths, Atisha's Lamp for the Path of Enlightenment and the Eight Verses of Mind Training, this book will give you the practical guidance you need to deal with life's challenges and help you develop inner peace.
The Setpoint Diet: The 21-Day Program to Permanently Change What Your Body "Wants" to Weigh seleção on-line livro
- Autor: Jonathan Bailor
- Editor: Hachette Books
- Data de publicação: 2018-12-24
- ISBN: 0316483834
- Número de páginas: 352 pages
- Tag: setpoint, program, permanently, change, wants, weigh
Your body fights to keep you within a range of about 15 pounds--also known as your "setpoint weight." New research reveals that you can lower your setpoint and end that battle for good by focusing on the quality of calories you eat, not the quantity. With The Setpoint Diet, you will reprogram your body with a 21-day plan to rev up your metabolism, eliminate inflammation, heal your hormones, repair your gut, and get your body working like that of a naturally thin person-permanently.
The Setpoint Diet is a lower-carb menu that focuses on specific anti-inflammatory whole foods, including tons of produce, nutritious proteins, and therapeutic fats. Its creator, Jonathan Bailor, founded SANESolution, a weight loss company that has reached millions of people. With the benefit of data from more than 27,000 participants who have already achieved dramatic weight loss results, The Setpoint Diet is your new blueprint for healthy living.
- Autor: Nikita Gill
- Editor: Hachette Books
- Data de publicação: 2017-11-14
- ISBN: 0316519847
- Número de páginas: 160 pages
- Tag: embers
In this magical poetry collection, Nikita Gill unflinchingly explores the fire in every woman and the emotions that lie deep in one's soul. Featuring rewritten fairytale heroines, goddess wisdom, and verse that burns with magnificent beauty, this raw and powerful collection is an explosion of femininity, empowerment, and personal growth. In these words, readers will find the magnificent energy to spark resistance and revolution.
Alter ego +. Livre de l'élève. Con Parcours digital. Per le Scuole superiori. Con CD-ROM: Alter Ego +3 : Livre de l'élève + cd rom seleção on-line livro
- Autor: Catherine Dollez
- Editor: Hachette
- Data de publicação: 2013-09-30
- ISBN: 201155814X
- Número de páginas: 224 pages
- Tag: alter, livre, leleve, parcours, digital, scuole, superiori, alter, livre, leleve
Les 9 dossiers d'Alter Ego + 3 s'articulent autour de deux grands axes: La vie au quotidien et Points de vue sur. L'apprenant peut ainsi développer des compétences pour:
- interagir dans des situations courantes de la vie quotidienne
- comprendre et exprimer des points de vue sur des thèmes variés
Une préparation au DELF B1 est proposée à la fin de chaque dossier.
En fin d'ouvrage, un abécédaire culturel facilite le décodage des implicites socioculturels des documents proposés.
- Une grande richesse de documents: 60% des documents renouvelés et actualisés + 1 document vidéo authentique par dossier
- Une étude de la langue en contexte: l'essentiel du vocabulaire et des mémos linguistiques dans chaque Point Langue
- Une démarche actionnelle intégrée, tout au long de la méthode: avec de nombreuses tâches au fil des leçons, plus 3 tâches qui préparent le projet final du dossier
- Une épreuve du DELF B1 complète et une page de préparation DELF par dossier intégrées au livre de l'élève
- Deux fois plus d'exercices par dossier
- Plus d'annexes: un lexique thématique par dossier, des activités de phonie-graphie, un précis grammatical étoffé et un abécédaire culturel actualisé
- CD-ROM inclus dans le livre de l'élève, avec l'intégralité des enregistrements audio du livre de l'élève, un lexique multilingue interactif, une vidéo par dossier et les jeux de Paroles en scène
- Un parcours d'apprentissage clair et balisé, prèt à l'emploi
- Des stratégies et des outils pour faciliter la compréhension et la mémorisation des contenus
- Livre de l'élève + CD-ROM
- Cahier d'activités + CD audio
- Guide pédagogique
- CD audi classe (x3)
- Manuel numérique interactif pour l'enseignant (clé USB)
- Autor: Howard Schultz
- Editor: Hachette Books
- Data de publicação: 1999-01-13
- ISBN: 0786883561
- Número de páginas: 368 pages
- Tag: heart, starbucks, built, company
In Pour Your Heart Into It, CEO Howard Schultz illustrates the principles that have shaped the Starbucks phenomenon, sharing the wisdom he has gained from his quest to make great coffee part of the American experience. Marketers, managers, and aspiring entrepreneurs will discover how to turn passion into profit in this definitive chronicle of the company that "has changed everything . . . from our tastes to our language to the face of Main Street." (Fortune)