Socorram-me dos Meus Parentes!, Please Log In Or Sign Up to Create a Free Account and Get Access more than 10 million Books, Magazines & Comics for FREE!, With PDF, TXT, EPUB, PDB, RTF, FB2. ONLY REGISTERED USERS can read and download the Book for FREE.
- Autor: L. A. Marins
- Editor: Harbra
- Data de publicação: 2001-03-19
- ISBN: 8529402340
- Número de páginas: 120 pages
- Tag: socorram, parentes
- Autor: Janice Sim
- Editor: Routledge
- Data de publicação: 2018-10-01
- ISBN: 1472470745
- Número de páginas: 332 pages
- Tag: parents, killing, children, crossing, invisible
Parents Killing Children: Crossing the Invisible Line explores hidden forms of violence within the family. This socio-legal study addresses the interactions between the family and the state, focusing on six parent perpetrators and the ways in which child endangerment is concealed within society.
Drawing on symbolic interactionism, mythology and a modelling of case study data, this book puts forward a unique conceptualisation of representation and risk, both on familial and state levels. The failure of the state to intervene and neutralise volatile perpetrators also sheds light on the socio-legal status of children – society’s most vulnerable – and the book concludes by discussing means by which the underlying social conditions and maladies symptomatic of child abuse and killing should be addressed.
- Autor: Karin Bishop
- Data de publicação: 2018-07-24
- Número de páginas: 161 pages
- Tag: parents, english, edition
The shocking discovery that her teenage son is hiding a dress is detailed in A Mother's Journal, as she struggles to understand the truth about her child, and slowly accepts and helps the transition to a better future for both.
- Autor: Shefali Tsabary
- Editor: Namaste Publishing
- Data de publicação: 2010-11-01
- ISBN: 1897238452
- Número de páginas: 264 pages
- Tag: conscious, parent, transforming, ourselves, empowering, children
- Autor: Susan Forward
- Editor: Bantam
- Data de publicação: 2002-01-02
- ISBN: 9780553381405
- Número de páginas: 320 pages
- Tag: toxic, parents, overcoming, their, hurtful, legacy, reclaiming
When you were a child...
• Did your parents tell you you were bad or worthless?
• Did your parents use physical pain to discipline you?
• Did you have to take care of your parents because of their problems?
• Were you often frightened of your parents?
• Did your parents do anything to you that had to be kept secret?
Now that you’re an adult...
• Do your parents still treat you as if you were a child?
• Do you have intense emotional or physical reactions after spending time with your parents?
• Do your parents control you with threats or guilt? Do they manipulate you with money?
• Do you feel that no matter what you do, it’s never good enough for your parents?
In this remarkable self-help guide, Dr. Susan Forward draws on case histories and the real-life voices of adult children of toxic parents to help you free yourself from the frustrating patterns of your relationship with your parents — and discover a new world of self-confidence, inner strength, and emotional independence.
Parent Training for Autism Spectrum Disorder: Improving the Quality of Life for Children and Their Families seleção on-line livro
- Editor: American Psychological Association (APA)
- Data de publicação: 2018-10-23
- ISBN: 1433829711
- Número de páginas: 282 pages
- Tag: parent, training, autism, spectrum, disorder, improving, quality, children, their, families
Backed by decades of research, parent training is a psychotherapeutic technique in which parents are main drivers of change for their children. The clinician passes knowledge to the parents and teaches them more effective parenting skills and behaviors.
This clinical guide shows practitioners how to apply this approach with families of children with ASD. Readers will learn strategies for implementing various assessment and intervention techniques, and for maintaining parental engagement throughout treatment. Individual chapters focus on the most common issues that parents of children with ASD struggle with, including social and communication deficits; disruptive behaviors; sleep disturbances; tendencies to wander off; and key life skills, like feeding and toileting. Vivid case examples demonstrate this clinical guidance being applied in realistic scenarios.
Coping with Critical, Demanding, and Dysfunctional Parents: Powerful Strategies to Help Adult Children Maintain Boundaries and Stay Sane seleção on-line livro
- Autor: David M. Allen
- Editor: New Harbinger Publications
- Data de publicação: 2018-11-01
- Número de páginas: 240 pages
- Tag: coping, critical, demanding, dysfunctional, parents, powerful, strategies, adult, children, maintain, boundaries
Do you have a parent who is invalidating, critical, demanding, or hateful? In this important and much-needed guide, you’ll learn how to set boundaries; uncover the hidden motives behind your parent’s behavior; put a stop to repetitive, hurtful interactions; and foster healthier relationships.
There’s no sugarcoating it—if you grew up with a parent who made you feel invalidated or unloved as a child, your pain is very real. In some cases, you may decide that you want to remove this parent from your life, and that is a valid choice. But for many people, dealing with a problem parent becomes a necessary part of life, for whatever reason. If you’re one of these people, this book can help.
Written by a psychotherapist and expert in relationships, Coping with Critical, Demanding, and Toxic Parents will help you develop unique assertiveness strategies based on the characteristics of your own family dynamics. You’ll learn powerful communication skills to help you build boundaries and put a stop to your parent’s hurtful behavior. And, most importantly, you’ll learn to advocate for your own needs.
If you’ve “had it up to here” with a parent who makes you feel as though you’re just not good enough, this invaluable guide can help you put an end to toxic interactions while maintaining peace in your family.
- Autor: Kara Powell
- Editor: Fuller Youth Institute
- Data de publicação: 2018-10-15
- ISBN: 0991488075
- Número de páginas: 160 pages
- Tag: every, parents, guide, navigating, digital, world
Every Parent's Guide to Navigating Our Digital World helps you think and talk differently about digital media, as you learn from inspiring and creative parents like you who navigate these ever-changing waters day after day. Drawing from the best research on media and youth, as well as our own conversations with parents and teenagers, this book offers new breakthroughs for your most pressing tech-related dilemmas:
- How to teach your kids to use social media responsibly.
- How to set limits on when, where, and how much you use devices in your family--without isolating your kids from their friends.
- How to handle the tough stuff: inappropriate sharing, bullying, and porn.
- How to make digital media a force that knits your family together rather than ripping you apart at the seams.
Every Parent's Guide to Navigating Our Digital World equips your family to approach this new connected world like a team. It helps you develop relationships, not rules. Supervision, not surveillance. And best of all, a plan that works without making media--or you--the enemy.
A Parent's Guide to High-Functioning Autism Spectrum Disorder, Second Edition: How to Meet the Challenges and Help Your Child Thrive seleção on-line livro
- Autor: Sally Ozonoff
- Editor: The Guilford Press
- Data de publicação: 2014-12-29
- Número de páginas: 24 pages
- Tag: parents, guide, functioning, autism, spectrum, disorder, second, edition, challenges, child, thrive
Free Comic Book Day 2010: Archie's Summer Splash (Free Comic Book Day: Archie) seleção on-line livro
- Autor: Dan Parent
- Editor: Archie
- Data de publicação: 2010-05-01
- Número de páginas: 27 pages
- Tag: comic, archies, summer, splash, comic, archie
Sun, sand, swimsuits and cool rockin' tunes - no, it's not a cinematic 'beach party' blast from the past, but a whole new summer splash from Archie and his friends! In this fun-filled free issue, Cheryl and her snooty friends from Pembrooke form an all-girl group to compete head on with the Archies at a summer beach music festival. Will Cheryl's group be a tuneful treat, or mistaken for bellowing whales?