Principles of Public Finance, Please Log In Or Sign Up to Create a Free Account and Get Access more than 10 million Books, Magazines & Comics for FREE!, With PDF, TXT, EPUB, PDB, RTF, FB2. ONLY REGISTERED USERS can read and download the Book for FREE.
- Autor: Toshihiro Ihori
- Editor: Springer
- Data de publicação: 2018-12-16
- ISBN: 9811096031
- Número de páginas: 432 pages
- Tag: principles, public, finance
This textbook equips instructors and students with an overview of the existing literature so that the latter can attain an overall understanding of macroeconomic and microeconomic public finance. The literature on public finance has grown dramatically with theoretical studies and empirical analysis, and much of the focus has been on macroeconomic effects of public services. The standard textbook offerings, however, are mainly restricted to microeconomic topics of public finance. This text intends to fill this gap by presenting a theoretical-based, comprehensive explanation of public finance. Particular emphasis is directed at developing tools that can be applied theoretically and empirically to clarify essential economic concerns in the current public sector in advanced countries, including Japan. Such concerns include the macroeconomic effect of fiscal policy, the dependence on bonds for covering government deficits, and social security reform. The main text explains the standard concepts of public finance, and the appendix offers various advanced topics. The material will facilitate an understanding of how to investigate changes in the public sector, interpret results, and basically do research on fiscal policy. The textbook will be of value to a broad range of course offerings, including those generally focused on fiscal policy, on social security reform and on tax reform.
Les Animaux Fantastiques: Les Crimes de Grindelwald - Le Texte du Film (French Edition) seleção on-line livro
- Autor: J.K. Rowling
- Editor: Pottermore Publishing
- Data de publicação: 2018-11-15
- Tag: animaux, fantastiques, crimes, grindelwald, texte, french, edition
Le précédent film Les Animaux fantastiques se terminait sur la capture du puissant mage noir Gellert Grindelwald à New York grâce à Norbert Dragonneau. Mais, mettant sa menace à exécution, Grindelwald s’échappe de prison et s’attèle à recruter des partisans, dont la plupart ignorent sa réelle intention : faire régner les sorciers de sang pur sur les êtres non-magiques.
Afin de contrecarrer les plans de Grindelwald, Albus Dumbledore fait appel à Norbert, son ancien élève à Poudlard, qui accepte de lui venir en aide, loin d’imaginer les dangers qui l’attendent. Dans ce monde des sorciers de plus en plus divisé, l’amour et la loyauté sont mis à l’épreuve, les amitiés les plus sincères et les liens familiaux ne sont pas épargnés.
Le texte de ce deuxième film écrit par J.K. Rowling est illustré par les splendides dessins au trait de MinaLima. On y apprend plus sur les événements antérieurs qui ont façonné le monde des sorciers, et on y trouve de nombreux liens avec la saga Harry Potter, qui réjouiront les fans des livres comme des films.
- Autor: Wojciech Pawlina MD FAAA
- Editor: LWW
- Data de publicação: 2019-01-05
- ISBN: 1496383427
- Número de páginas: 928 pages
- Tag: histology, atlas, correlated, molecular, biology
Updated content throughout the text reflects the latest advances in cellular and molecular biology, accompanied by large, high-resolution illustrations and full-color photomicrographs that clarify microanatomy in vibrant detail. Ideal for integrated curriculums as well as standalone histology courses, this proven approach is accompanied by popular pedagogical features that distill complex information and help students save time.
- “Two-in-one” approach supplements clearly written chapters with dynamic atlas illustrations to enhance understanding at the point of learning.
- Updated content equips students with the most current, clinically relevant understanding of cellular and molecular biology.
- 435 high-resolution, full-color digital photomicrographs across more than 100 atlas plates clarify key structures.
- Updated full-color illustrations and clinical images refine students’ understanding of microanatomy and cell and molecular biology in rich detail.
- Updated Histology “101” Notebook reviews summarize chapter content in a concise, notebook-style format preferred by students.
- Color-coded text highlights key terms and clinical information for fast, efficient reference.
- Boxed “Folders” familiarize students with conditions they may encounter on rotations during clerkship.
- Tables and bulleted text give quick access to staining techniques and other essential chapter details.
- Online USMLE-style multiple-choice review questions and clinical vignettes help students assess their understanding and prepare for board exams.
- Read directly on your preferred device(s), such as computer, tablet, or smartphone
- Easily convert to audiobook, powering your content with natural language text-to-speech
- Adapt for unique reading needs, supporting learning disabilities, visual/auditory impairments, second-language or literacy challenges, and more
- Autor: Benjamin Bengfort
- Editor: O′Reilly
- Data de publicação: 2018-06-22
- ISBN: 9781491963043
- Número de páginas: 350 pages
- Tag: applied, analysis, python
From news and speeches to informal chatter on social media, natural language is one of the richest and most underutilized sources of data. Not only does it come in a constant stream, always changing and adapting in context; it also contains information that is not conveyed by traditional data sources. The key to unlocking natural language is through the creative application of text analytics. This practical book presents a data scientist's approach to building language-aware products with applied machine learning.
You'll learn robust, repeatable, and scalable techniques for text analysis with Python, including contextual and linguistic feature engineering, vectorization, classification, topic modeling, entity resolution, graph analysis, and visual steering. By the end of the book, you'll be equipped with practical methods to solve any number of complex real-world problems.
- Preprocess and vectorize text into high-dimensional feature representations
- Perform document classification and topic modeling
- Steer the model selection process with visual diagnostics
- Extract key phrases, named entities, and graph structures to reason about data in text
- Build a dialog framework to enable chatbots and language-driven interaction
- Use Spark to scale processing power and neural networks to scale model complexity
Dangerous People: Dangerous People: The Complete Text of Ursula K Le Guin's Kesh Novella: A Library of America eBook Classic (English Edition) seleção on-line livro
- Autor: Ursula K. Le Guin
- Editor: Library of America
- Data de publicação: 2019-02-05
- Tag: dangerous, people, dangerous, people, complete, ursula, guins, novella, library, america, ebook, classic, english, edition
Now Library of America presents, for the first time, the full text of the short, innovative, and perceptive novella Dangerous People, which Le Guin completed shortly before her death, making this Le Guin’s final new work.
The story of one missing woman and the people around her who may or may not be implicated in her death or disappearance, Dangerous People explores larger questions about what—in relationships, in society—make a person “dangerous”; and in giving us the Kesh perspective, Le Guin ultimately shines a light on our own society’s perceptions of truth, gender, and relationships.
- Autor: Thomas W. Miller
- Editor: Pearson FT Press
- Data de publicação: 2019-03-10
- ISBN: 0134308913
- Número de páginas: 352 pages
- Tag: visualization, principles, practices, science
Data visualization is increasingly central to predictive analytics and data science. The book focuses on all three application areas of data visualization: exploratory data analysis, model diagnostics, and presentation graphics. Built on the same structure and approach as other books in Thomas W. Miller's popular Modeling Techniques series, it has been carefully designed to serve multiple audiences: business managers, analysts, programmers, and students.
Miller begins with core principles, revealing why some data visualizations effectively present information and others don't. He reviews the science of human perception and cognition, proven principles of graphic design, and the growing role of visualization throughout data science -- including examples such as the visualization of time, networks, and maps.
Drawing on his pioneering experience teaching data visualization, Miller begins each chapter by stating a real business problem. He explains why the problem is important, describes a relevant dataset, and guides you through solving it with leading open-source tools such as R, Python, D3, and Gephi. (All R and Python code is set apart, so managers or analysts who aren't interested in programming can easily skip it.)
Like other books in this series, Data Visualization Principles and Practices draws realistic examples from key application areas, including marketing, finance, sports analytics, web and network data science, text analytics, and social network analysis. Examples include cross-sectional data, time series, network, and spatial data. Readers will discover advanced methods for constructing static and interactive graphics, building web-browser-based presentations, and even creating "information art."
- Autor: Julia Silge
- Editor: O′Reilly
- Data de publicação: 2017-06-27
- ISBN: 1491981652
- Número de páginas: 194 pages
- Tag: mining
Much of the data available today is unstructured and text-heavy, making it challenging for analysts to apply their usual data wrangling and visualization tools. With this practical book, you'll explore text-mining techniques with tidytext, a package that authors Julia Silge and David Robinson developed using the tidy principles behind R packages like ggraph and dplyr. You'll learn how tidytext and other tidy tools in R can make text analysis easier and more effective.
The authors demonstrate how treating text as data frames enables you to manipulate, summarize, and visualize characteristics of text. You'll also learn how to integrate natural language processing (NLP) into effective workflows. Practical code examples and data explorations will help you generate real insights from literature, news, and social media.
- Learn how to apply the tidy text format to NLP
- Use sentiment analysis to mine the emotional content of text
- Identify a document's most important terms with frequency measurements
- Explore relationships and connections between words with the ggraph and widyr packages
- Convert back and forth between R's tidy and non-tidy text formats
- Use topic modeling to classify document collections into natural groups
- Examine case studies that compare Twitter archives, dig into NASA metadata, and analyze thousands of Usenet messages
Revel for Texts and Contexts Writing About Literature with Critical Theory -- Combo Access Card (7th Edition) seleção on-line livro
- Autor: Steven Lynn
- Editor: Pearson
- Data de publicação: 2018-08-03
- ISBN: 0135232317
- Número de páginas: 288 pages
- Tag: revel, texts, contexts, writing, about, literature, critical, theory, combo, access, edition
NOTE: This Revel Combo Access pack includes a Revel access code plus a loose-leaf print reference (delivered by mail) to complement your Revel experience. In addition to this access code, you will need a course invite link, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Revel.
- Autor: Gareth James
- Editor: Springer
- Data de publicação: 2014-07-11
- ISBN: 9781461471370
- Número de páginas: 426 pages
- Tag: introduction, statistical, learning, applications
An Introduction to Statistical Learning provides an accessible overview of the field of statistical learning, an essential toolset for making sense of the vast and complex data sets that have emerged in fields ranging from biology to finance to marketing to astrophysics in the past twenty years. This book presents some of the most important modeling and prediction techniques, along with relevant applications. Topics include linear regression, classification, resampling methods, shrinkage approaches, tree-based methods, support vector machines, clustering, and more. Color graphics and real-world examples are used to illustrate the methods presented. Since the goal of this textbook is to facilitate the use of these statistical learning techniques by practitioners in science, industry, and other fields, each chapter contains a tutorial on implementing the analyses and methods presented in R, an extremely popular open source statistical software platform.
Two of the authors co-wrote The Elements of Statistical Learning (Hastie, Tibshirani and Friedman, 2nd edition 2009), a popular reference book for statistics and machine learning researchers. An Introduction to Statistical Learning covers many of the same topics, but at a level accessible to a much broader audience. This book is targeted at statisticians and non-statisticians alike who wish to use cutting-edge statistical learning techniques to analyze their data. The text assumes only a previous course in linear regression and no knowledge of matrix algebra.
Holy Bible: New Living Translation Standard (Pew) Edition: NLT Anglicized Text Version seleção on-line livro
- Autor: Spck Spck
- Editor: Society for Promoting Christian Knowledge
- Data de publicação: 2018-09-18
- ISBN: 0281079536
- Número de páginas: 472 pages
- Tag: bible, living, translation, standard, edition, anglicized, version